Friday, July 6, 2012

Crochet sausages

Fender cover

You know those not-so-nice-to-the-eye plastic fenders? Last summer I figured they need some clothing, like they had in the old days! My dear sister was laughing so hard at my efforts last summer to sit down and crochet away, while our 1-year-old was busy trying to get hurt somewhere around the yard. She was convinced they will NEVER be finished. Well  -she didn't know that mom would be coming for a visit... ;)

Fender cover

I know...it looks like a silly, laced sausage in these pictures :D, but really, they turned out super nice :). I promise you - you buy a roll of the thick 100% cotton  fishing thread (kalastajalanka in Finnish), (this one is 15-ply made with 3,5 crochet hook) and crochet away - even sitting in your boat enjoying the sun!

Simple double crochet stitches, and for the larger fenders here I needed 60 rounds to complete. Just remember to adjust it tight onto the fender so it doesn't stretch and get all sloppy when the fender gets wet.

Fender cover


Fender cover
***
lepuuttaja, lepuuttajasuoja, virkkaus

1 comment: