Sunday, March 4, 2012

Apartment in Soho, N.Y.


I've become majorly hooked with Pinterest, I love the tool! There it is possible to build anything with pictures on a board! One of my boards is called 'dream home in N.Y.' (You find all the images on this post from there!)- if I was given the task to decorate a home in N.Y., specifically in SOHO, what would it look like?

Let's start in the living room:

We would have the must-have old brick wall, of course, to start with:



We would dig out the old wooden floor:



A bookshelf


And some other items!


You think it would work with a vintage leather chair (I think I would NEVER get out of it), IKEA Ektorp 3-seater (it is perfect for a 'background' furniture), some canvas prints, Balmuir lanterns, Himla silk cushions, Harri Koskinen's block lamps and a Louis Vuitton vintage trunk (DREAMING, remember :))?

We add a cozy work space:

http://www.aperfectgray.com/2011/04/ghost-chair.html


With the Louis Ghost, of course..

A kitchen with a SMEG fridge, and some vintage Tolix chairs



The crate spool table I would change to some upcycled table made of vintage doors from Ruby Rhino to fit as many dinner guests as possible.



I would smoothen the style with a hand-made linen rug, photo frames made of recycled wood, and some Festivo vintage candle sticks by Timo Sarpaneva. Kitchen linen made of 100% linen, and this kitchen would be everything I dream of.

You like? I will be continuing with the bathroom and bedroom sections - - -

***
olohuoneen sisustus, keittiön sisustus, kierrätyspuu, valokuvakehykset, ruokapöytä

No comments:

Post a Comment